Saturday, January 16, 2010

Well it has been awhile since I posted some art. It is always hard for me to paint when I don't have a project planned for class. Now that I graduated I decided I have to make projects for myself otherwise I won't make art. I also realized that I am the happiest when I am creating. Christmas was a perfect excuse to start painting again. I was a little nervous about giving paintings because homemade presents often just turn into good thoughts. But I couldn't think of anything else to give my mother-in-law or Jeff's Nana. My mom had wanted a painting for a while and I know she likes anything I make (even when it's really not that good). So I made tree paintings in acrylic for the mothers. I made a smaller leaf painting for Jeff's Nana because I wasn't sure if she would want a big painting to hang in her house. Well, they were a success! They loved their presents and it helped give me some confidence. I still owe my sister Jessica a painting but I'm waiting for her to decide on exactly what she wants.


This tree was for Jeff's mom.

No comments: